You know about Silicon Valley, but up here, we’re just as much a software community.
We have Starbucks and Boeing, Microsoft and Google, RealNetworks and F5 Networks, Getty Images and Corbis, Safeco and Washington Mutual, T-Mobile and Verizon, Amazon and Adobe…
With all of these big name technology companies, there’s lots of room to discuss software testing.
Here’s a sample:
- QASIG www.qasig.org – this is the group that Quardev sponsors that meets on the second Wednesday of every odd month here at the lab – see the site for past speakers, all of which were booked because of their innovative topics
- SASQAG www.sasqag.org – meets on the third Thursday of every month.
- Sea-SPIN www.seaspin.org – Seattle Eastside Area Software Process Improvement Network – small group devoted to meeting monthly about process issues – meets at Construx in Bellevue on the third Monday of every month.
- OWASP Open Web Application Security Project – https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-seattle – Mike de Libero, OWASP Seattle chapter co-leader.
- ASQ American Society for Quality (Seattle chapter) – http://www.asq-seattle.org/
- PNSQC Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference – http://www.pnsqc.org – Now in their 25th year! A three-day conference held in Portland in October.
If you know of something that is not on this list, email me!